The Learning Strategies Center (LSC) is one of three units that form the Academic Student Success Programs (ASSP) at Cornell. These three units have been purposefully aligned with a mission to support the inclusive academic experience of Cornell’s diverse undergraduate students, recognizing that the academic context has unique concerns and pressures that contribute significantly to overall student well-being.
Staff in these three units collaborate to promote Success, Equity, Excellence and Diversity for students to:
- Empower and strengthen diverse identities and promote students’ sense of belonging in the academic context;
- Foster effective approaches for students to master Cornell’s academic rigors;
- Support students’ efforts to become independent learners;
- Create and strengthen students’ networks to support personal, professional, and academic goals;
- Enhance students’ ability to communicate across differences;
- Advocate for students and strengthen students’ advocacy skills.
The Learning Strategies Center (LSC) is the central academic support unit for undergraduates at Cornell University. Through program offerings that encourage students to develop effective approaches to mastering the academic rigors of Cornell, the LSC strives to actively engage students in the learning process and support their efforts to become more successful and independent learners. We are committed to addressing the emerging needs of Cornell’s diverse student body- as they meet and exceed Cornell University’s high academic standards.
Last year, more than 10,000 student-visits were made to LSC office hours, tutorials, consultations, and workshops, and more than 1,400 students participated in LSC courses.
We encourage all Cornell undergraduates to take advantage of our services–because successful students ask for help when they need it.
To find out more about the Learning Strategies Center’s mission and impact, please see our Annual Report.
Please visit the LSC at 420 CCC or call 255-6310.
The center is open Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
Fridays 8:30 – 4:00 p.m.