The Learning Strategies Center (LSC) is the central academic support unit for undergraduates at Cornell University. Through program offerings that encourage students to develop effective approaches to mastering the academic rigors of Cornell, the LSC strives to actively engage students in the learning process and support their efforts to become more successful and independent learners. We are committed to addressing the emerging needs of Cornell’s diverse student body- as they meet and exceed Cornell University’s high academic standards.
Last year, more than 20,000 student-visits were made to LSC office hours, tutorials, consultations, workshops, and courses!
We encourage all Cornell undergraduates to take advantage of our services–because successful students ask for help when they need it.
To find out more about the Learning Strategies Center’s mission and impact, please see our Annual Report.
Academic Student Success Programs
The Learning Strategies Center (LSC) is one of the Academic Student Success Programs (ASSP) at Cornell. These programs have been purposefully aligned with a mission to support the inclusive academic experience of Cornell’s diverse undergraduate students, recognizing that the academic context has unique concerns and pressures that contribute significantly to overall student well-being.
We collaborate to promote Success, Equity, Excellence and Diversity for students to:
- Empower and strengthen diverse identities and promote students’ sense of belonging in the academic context;
- Foster effective approaches for students to master Cornell’s academic rigors;
- Support students’ efforts to become independent learners;
- Create and strengthen students’ networks to support personal, professional, and academic goals;
- Enhance students’ ability to communicate across differences;
- Advocate for students and strengthen students’ advocacy skills.
Materials for Advisors, etc.
If your role enables you to work directly with our students in a variety of capacities, please find helpful materials, resources, etc. below. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Please find a summary of all LSC services for Spring 2019 here.
- Please find the LSC Course Schedule for Spring 2019 here.
- Please find the Spring 2019 LSC Brochure here.
- Please find the Study Skills Workshops offered in Spring 2019 here.
- The LSC also offers Peer Led Study Skills Workshops throughout the semester. For more information or to request a peer workshop, please contact Assistant Director Barbara Oh (email@example.com, 607-255-6310).
Please visit the LSC at 420 CCC or call 607-255-6310.
The center is open Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
Fridays 8:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Cornell University is committed to ensuring access for all students. For disability accommodations please contact the Learning Strategies Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-255-6310) as soon as possible. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.