Events coming up
Neurodiversity Dialogues: Neurodiversity in Media (open to all)
- Monthly series, next session will be on Wednesday, September 20th, 3:00-4:00 pm.
- Facilitated by: Em McClintock, MHC-LP (CAPS & Neurodiversity @ Cornell)
- In this session, we’ll discuss how different neurodivergent identities are represented in film and TV shows. We’ll discuss if we think these portrayals are good, bad, or a mix of both. We’ll consider why these depictions matter and how they’ve impacted understandings of ourselves and others as neurodivergent. Email email@example.com to be added to the outlook event or to request more information.
Neurodiversity @ Cornell Calendar of Events
- Visit our Google Calendar, dedicated to Neurodiversity @ Cornell events. You can sync it with your Outlook calendar by following these instructions, and you can sync to your Google calendar following these instructions.
To see recordings of select past events, click here.
ND @ Cornell Groups
Student Neurodiversity Alliance at Cornell (SNAC; open to all students)
- Weekly meetings, Mondays 5-6 pm, hybrid (Upson 431 & Zoom)
- SNAC is a student organization dedicated to support neurodivergent students on campus and advocate for inclusive Cornell experiences. SNAC members are automatically members of Neurodiversity Ambassadors (which also includes staff & faculty). Neurotypical allies are welcome! Find SNAC on Campus Groups.
Autism Social Group (open to autistic students)
- Weekly meetings, Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:30 pm on Zoom
- All autistic students are welcome to participate. Please join our listserv by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, typing join on the subject line, and leaving the body of the email blank.
Authentically ADHD Support Group (CAPS; open to ADHD students)
- Wednesdays, 5:00 – 6:30 pm via Zoom, Sept. 13th – Dec. 6th.
- No drop-ins, group orientation required. This group is facilitated by Em McClintock, MHC-LP, MSEd & Aden Cook, PsyD. Em is a founding member of Neurodiversity @ Cornell and a Neurodiversity Ambassador.
How to join. If you have any difficulties joining, please email Em.
Neurodiversity Ambassadors (open to students, faculty and staff)
- Meets monthly. Upcoming meeting will take place Friday September 15th, 2:30 – 3:30 pm.
- Join a group of passionate students, faculty and staff who advocate for increased understanding of neurodiversity across Cornell, true inclusion of neurodivergent members of the Cornell community, and improving the experiences and wellbeing of neurodivergent people. If interested, please email email@example.com to be added to the outlook event.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about resources for faculty and staff