The primary objective of the Learning Strategies Center (LSC) Scholarship is to enable current full-time undergraduate students to graduate on schedule by providing financial support to attend Summer or Winter Session at Cornell. Although many students wish to attend Summer or Winter Session, limited funding restricts us to awarding scholarships to eligible applicants who receive Cornell grant aid and demonstrate both an academic and financial need. LSC Scholarships are for Cornell courses only, and cover the cost of tuition.
Priority for scholarships is given in the following order:
- Seniors who need to fulfill requirements for graduation.
- Upper-class students who did not successfully complete a core course.
- Students who need Summer or Winter Session credits to place them on schedule for graduation.
- Students who need a course to fulfill requirements for getting into a major.
- Students who have been encouraged to moderate their course load by an advisor due to extenuating circumstances.
- Supporting students’ participation in a broad range of academic enrichment opportunities provided by Cornell.
The LSC Scholarship is not granted for academic acceleration.
Students must be nominated for the LSC Scholarship. Please contact your nominator for more information:
AR: Andrea Kiely
AS: You will need to meet with both Dean Juliette Corazon and your faculty advisor.
AG: Lisa Ryan
EN: Unaffiliated students meet with staff from the Engineering Advising Office; affiliated students meet with your department’s Undergraduate Coordinator. Angelica Keen from DPE will let you know if follow-up is required.
HA: Carmen Rogers
HE: Verdene Lee
IL: Cornell Woodson
IT: Florencia Ardon
OUB: Wendy Aquadro or Jeff McCaffrey
OADI: Students who participate in OADI programs may contact their counselor or program advisor