Create a “Homestretch Calendar”
Plan the last few weeks of the semester with a home-stretch calendar! Calendars are an important tool for getting yourself organized, identifying crunch times, and staying on-track.
What should you put on your “home stretch” calendar?
- Important events
- Prelim & final exams dates
- Due dates of papers & other assignments
- Meetings and other events
Develop a Plan to Finish Strong
It’s hard to believe the semester is almost over! Great job with all of your hard work so far this semester! It’s important to take a step back and acknowledge the work you’ve done and the successes (big and small) that you’ve had this fall. The LSC is here to help you think through the steps that will work for you. Explore resources and tips from study skills experts and LSC tutors to help you finish the semester strong.
- At this link you can also find a full-semester calendar and weekly planner. Use the semester calendar to list your exams, major assignments, projects, other important due dates, and your major non-academic plans (trips, events, etc). This helps you see the big picture of the semester and learn in advance what your crunch times will be. Many students also find the weekly planner helpful for mapping out their schedule and finding hidden time.
- Check out the LSC pages on “Finding Your Academic Groove,” which includes resources on time management.