In the whirlwind of gearing up for the start of the new semester, it’s important to make time to reflect on last semester. What academic accomplishments are you proud of? What advice about your academics would you give yourself, knowing what you know now? The Learning Strategies Center is here to help you identify strategies you used last semester that will help you continue to be successful academically, identify what you might want to change to be more successful, and develop or refine a plan for academic success.
How can YOU get ready for and start the semester strong?
1. Explore the LSC’s “Gearing Up for a New Semester” Canvas module!
The Canvas module will help you:
- Identify strategies you used last semester that will help you continue to be successful academically.
- Identify what you might want to change to be more successful.
- Develop or refine a plan for academic success.
If you are already enrolled in the LSC Study Skills Canvas site, click here to go directly to module. If you are not already enrolled in our LSC Canvas site, you can self-enroll to access study skills modules by clicking here. (Cornell students, faculty, and staff only).
2. Register for other opportunities to gear up for and start the spring strong!
- An on-line LSC workshop on “Gearing Up for a New Semester” (1/20/23) or an in-person LSC workshop on “Starting Your Semester Strong” (1/29/23). These workshops are in collaboration with the Tatkon Center for New Students — students can register via Campus Groups.
- One (or all) of the LSC’s Winter Session study skills workshop series to discover ideas to more effectively prepare for the upcoming spring!